PRODUK & PERKHIDMATAN
Klik Menu Bar
|Utama> Khidmat Pelanggan > Polisi Privasi|
Last updated 29 May 2009.
Please note this policy addresses information we collect from you through our website and does not apply to information collected through Harisons retail stores or other offline means.
We are always ready to address your questions and concerns regarding this policy and our privacy practices. If you would like to speak to a Customer Service representative, please contact us through one of the following methods:
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Telephone: 03-26941199
By Mail: No. 199 Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman
50100 Kuala Lumpur
We continually strive to find new ways to enhance your harisons.com.my shopping experience and we may modify this policy from time to time to reflect changes in our privacy practices. You are encouraged to review this policy periodically and to check the "last updated" date at the top of the policy for the most recent version.
what information does Harisons collect ?
• When you create an account at our website, we collect your full name, e-mail address and password.
• When you choose to participate in sweepstakes, contests or other promotions, we collect your full name, e-mail address, zip code and gender. We may also collect your birthday (month/day).
• From your transactions and other interactions with us, we collect information concerning the specific products or services you purchase or use.
• When you ask us a question, we collect your name, e-mail address or other contact information
• We may collect certain demographic information (such as gender or age) and information about your interests and preferences if you provide them to us.
• When you subscribe for e-mail updates or offers, we collect your e-mail address.
• We collect information you voluntarily submit when participating in one of our various services, programs or surveys.
• We may also receive information about you from other companies which help us to customize our services.
how does Harisons use the information collected?
• to complete your purchase transactions and provide the services you request;
• to send you catalogs and other offerings through the e-mail and direct mail;
• to contact you about the status of your orders;
• to identify your product and service preferences, so that you can be informed of new or additional products, services, and promotions offered by the Harisons family of affiliated companies and other marketing partners that might be of interest to you; and
• to improve our website, merchandise selection, customer service, and overall customer shopping experience.
what information does Harisons share with others?
• Harisons Family: We may share collected information within the Harisons family of affiliated companies.
• Co-Marketing Partners: Harisons may team with another company to conduct a sweepstakes, promotional campaign or other event (e.g., a jointly sponsored shopping event). In those cases, each of the participating co-marketing partners may receive information about you from us. Such information will be shared on an aggregated basis, unless otherwise indicated at the point where you submit your personal information.
• Legal Disclosures: In the highly unlikely event Harisons is required to disclose customer information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws, Harisons will make such disclosure.
• Service Providers: We use third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, such as processing payments, maintaining the website and our mailing lists, storing, processing and transmitting data, creating and executing e-mail campaigns, and providing marketing assistance, web analytics and data analysis. We may provide your information to these third-party service providers when the information is necessary for them to perform their duties. These third-party service providers are prohibited from using personal information for any other purpose and are contractually required to comply with all applicable laws.
how can I view, update or remove my information?
You can also call, write or e-mail to a Customer Service representative to access or update your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address
what choices do I have about receiving communications from Harisons?
To receive promotional e-mail offers from the Harisons family of affiliated companies notifying you of special deals, web-only offers and product previews, you can sign up on our website or by contacting a Customer Service representative. If you register for a website account or make a purchase, you will automatically receive promotional e-mails from the Harisons family of affiliated companies, unless you opt-out from receiving promotional e-mails. To remove yourself from our e-mail list, you can: click the unsubscribe link in any of our promotional e-mails you receive; or contact a Customer Service representative.
what about security?
Protecting the security of your information is very important to us. When you transmit sensitive personal information from your computer to our servers, your information is protected by both a "firewall" (a combination of computer hardware and software that helps keep unauthorized visitors from accessing information within our computer network) and industry standard SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. Once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable precautions to secure and protect the information on our systems. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be 100% secure and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online. However, we strive to protect your information and privacy.
Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open and are deleted once your browser session ends. We use session cookies to complete your purchase transaction. On the other hand, persistent cookies remain on your hard drive after your browser session ends. We use persistent cookies to improve your overall website experience.
The cookies set by Harisons transmit information back to our computers and are the only computers which are authorized to read such information. The information captured makes it possible for us: (i) to speed navigation, keep track of items in your shopping cart, and provide you with custom tailored content; (ii) to remember information you gave to us so you don't have to reenter it each time you visit the website; (iii) to monitor the effectiveness of some of our marketing e-mail campaigns and advertising; and (iv) to monitor total number of visitors, pages viewed, and the total number of visitors served.
Most people do not even know that cookies are being placed on their computers when they visit our website or most other websites because web browsers are typically set to automatically accept cookies. You can choose to have your browser warn you every time a cookie is being sent to you or you can turn off cookie acceptance altogether. You will still be able to browse our website and make purchases, but you will not be able to retrieve your saved account information without cookies. Moreover, by not allowing cookies, your overall Internet browsing experience could be adversely affected.
In addition to web beacons and cookies discussed above, we may utilize 3rd party tracking pixels and cookies to help manage online advertising. These pixels are provided by our advertising delivery partners. These pixels enable our partners to recognize a unique cookie on your web browser, which in turn enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our website as well as provide you with targeted advertisements. In addition, our advertising delivery partners may place a 3rd party cookie on your computer as you browse the Website. The information we collect and share in connection with these 3rd party tracking pixels and cookies is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address
what about other websites?
Please be aware that when you are on our website, you could be directed via links to other third-party websites that are not affiliated with Harisons. These websites may send their own cookies to visitors, collect data or solicit your information. The privacy policies of these other websites may be very different from our policy. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites and cannot guarantee the security of any of your personal information collected there.
what is Harisons's policy regarding children?
Our website is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. Harisons does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13 years of age.
whom do I contact if I have additional questions or concerns about this policy?
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or our privacy practices, please click here for contact information to reach a Customer Service representative by e-mail, telephone or mail.